Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hors de Combat

pk in 1995 was posting the earliest files of his home page, subsequently become Knatz.com [victim of federal censorship, Feb 2007]. I emphasized then, and need again to emphasize now, there, here, and at all pk domains, that pk has been hors de combat since 1990.
In the 1960s I wrote my ideas as art. In the 1960s I taught (as well as studied) within (as well as without) the university system. In 1970 I founded FLEX [victim of federal censorship, Feb 2007], offering a low-tech, no-PCs-needed, PUBLIC internet: make a free-marketplace, not just for learning, but for all possible public and private activities. In the 1980s I again offered my ideas as art: novels this time.
At each step I’ve been ignored, insulted, interrupted, fired, not-supported, misunderstood, misrepresented ... and, occasionally, beaten up.

In 1990 I said fuck it, I’m retired: I’ll never mail another manuscript to another publisher, seek to give no more public speeches. Lo and behold, within months, I met Catherine: and thereby found, unlooked for, the only reliable support I’ve ever received! But I was hors de combat: outside the fray. Retired. Fed up.
Then I got the Mac. Then I launched the first home page.

But: you see the point? All of pk’s online writing is post-give-a-shit. I am not running for office. I am not in a popularity contest. I am not angling for a job. I am not seeking disciples.
I am merely venting myself. Homo sapiens sapiens is the creature that talks and talks. Stressed, I babble. Relaxed, I babble some more.
My life had been devoted to discipline (the discipline of English ... the discipline of revolutionary innovation ...) So: my babble shows vestiges of that discipline, and of my former art.

And when it ain’t art? Fuck it. I’m babbling.

Oh, come on, pk. You can’t expect us to believe that.

Well, in that mask, I don’t give a damn what you believe.

Or: actually, I’m busy as a mole: stacking evidence, testimony: not against my species; against my society.

No comments: