Sunday, January 02, 2011

Literal Metaphor

I mean that literally really means

Please take my metaphor seriously!

I phrased that a couple of decades ago: writer pk was really cooking in the late 1980s (too bad so few noticed). The line got added to Knatz.com somewhere in the 90s. Knatz.com and all my domains got scuttled in 2007, following my arrest in 2006, the US censoring me in early 07. It got posted to my InfoAll blog when I recreated my Knatz.com / Personal / Overview / Training / section there.

The way I present it here is an oxymoron: a sterling example of macroinformation, as the title juxtaposes incompatible logical types: literal and metaphor commonly being understood to be opposites, like real and fictitious and macroinformation is processed information, information interpreted in the light of friction among logical types.

The idea is fundamental to pk thinking and teaching. But to get it properly you have to also understand pk informational cosmology, with it existential sets: Pleroma, Creatura, Sentiens, Persona ... Pathologica ... Only Pleroma, the physical universe, is in any sense literally real. All else is mental, informational (macroinformational: metaphorical!

You, me ... we are ideas! that change, grow, purify; decay, get polluted ... moment by moment.

And so long as overpopulated kleptocracies continue to compel stone-age belief systems, continue to coerce unsupportable ideas (like education, taxation, conscription ...) the idea that a Christ can (or should) save us is preposterous: almost as preposterous as the idea that universities (media or churches or Congress) are competent to process ideas.

And those of us who believe in liberty and learning and information may as well gargle gibberish.

No comments: