Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pretend Authority

Authority is necessary for any politically imposed belief system so the belief can be asserted over experience.

Real authority, were there any such thing — a church that actually hears and represents an actual god, a government that actually represents a population of sentient, non-toxic beings, I would be for. As it is, I'm against all authority that I'm aware of: as fraudulent, factitious, illegitimate. (Of course the authorities can, and have, side-railed me, silenced me, impoverished me, arrested me, and censored my writing as well as my speech. Notice that I haven't arrested or impoverished any authorities that I know of (though I do try to keep resources from governments by avoiding having an income, thereby being free of income tax.)

Schools pretend to have and to represent and to be able to bestow knowledge, skill, wisdom. Sounds good. But what you actually get are a bunch of experts telling people not to listen to Galileo and his telescope, that Copernicus was crazy, that some "theory" of "Creationism" concocted a century and a half after Darwin is legitimate "science" ...

King Herod ruled the Jews in Jerusalem by the forbearance of the lieutenants of Augustus Caesar. When Jesus was hailed by Jews (in the street as it were) as King of the Jews, Herod and the Temple priests tag teamed him, getting the Roman rubber stamps to help. Who were the experts? Jesus? the Son of God? No: the priests, the governors ... the money changers whose tables Jesus overthrew.

No. In heaven authority may be real; here on earth it's fraud: pure fraud followed by purer fraud.

Meantime, notice. You son tells you the priest fucked him in the ass. You tell your son that he's imagining things, for shame, the priest is a holy man. Then you see the priest with his robes up and your son held bent, you tell the bishop. For shame, the priest is a holy man, scolds the bishop. Finally the bishop sees it, tells the cardinal, the Pope ... the Times. For shame, the priest is a holy man.

The experts, authorities, can erase experience: over and over.



Related thoughts I'll sketch in a post on Discrepancy Reduction: at my pkTools blog.

No comments: