Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Free Will

I want to develop a piece on free will in which I largely ignore the question of whether man has free will, concentrating instead on whether religious man would allow God free will.

The Bible presents a series of obligations for God. The story of the Flood has God saying that he won't do it again. Really, no matter what we do, if everyone smokes crack and has a crack baby, God still won't get pissed off and drown us all as he did in Noah's day, or turn us all into pilars of salt as he did for Lot's wife?

The Jews' Bible tells the Jews that God will judge the nations, after which God will enslave everybody except the Jews, all for the sake of the Jews. The Bible promised that God will do this for the Jews No Matter What the Jews Do In The Meantime!!!

Christians say that the Bible promises this and that: so many Jehavah's Witnesses in heaven. At Judgment will God have any say in the matter?

I won't respect any god until the religious would shit a brick rather than allow him to get a word in edgewise.

But you know what? I don't think my god is going to say anything at Judgment. I don't think any humans are going to say anything either. I think we're all going to be dead, and that god won't need any speech.

No comments: